Thursday, December 10, 2009

Coats

Last Thursday I bought some coats for the boys because we knew it was supposed to snow and be cold last weekend. Bryce wore his to school ONE time and left it on the playground. So, the COLD weekend and snow, he had no coat for!

He went back to school this week and I reminded him to look for his coat. He came home and said it was not in lost and found, but he saw a girl wearing it. He told his teacher who it was (he was in the same class as this girl last year), but the teacher could not understand the name he was saying. Bryce said something to the girl, but she made it clear it was her coat now.

I sent a note to the teacher with the girls name, but I did not figure we would get it back. Some may call me OCD, but the ONE time I don't get a name on the coat before it is taken to school and it gets stolen! But, instead of getting mad I decided that she must need the coat pretty bad and decided to just get another one. Yesterday when we went to see Santa I bought him a new coat. I got an $85 Nike coat for $15!

Of course, he came home with his coat yesterday. Apparently the girl put it back in Lost and Found (why she wanted a very boy coat, I don't know). I was going to take the Nike coat back, but decided since I paid about half the price for that one as I did the first one, we would keep it and he could use it for school.

His name was inside the coat in a couple of places before he even put it on this morning :)

No comments: