Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Kidnapper Amongst Us

The kids got to open a present two days before Christmas. They were books that they had picked out and I had wrapped because I knew they would get antsy wanting to open something. Mady opened her newborn Cabbage Patch doll though (which she had been trying to open for a while). Andrew was obsessed with this babydoll. He kept calling it his. I remember seeing him with it and telling him to put it down.

I guess I should have specified WHERE to put it down,

I spent every day we were home, until this morning, searching for the doll. I have waited a LONG time to get to buy a Cabbage Patch! Apparently I could have gotten one for Andrew and didn't have to wait so long!

The Cabbage Patch came with a carrier and a bottle, It ALL disappeared. All that was left behind was a birth certificate. Daddy said he was going to make a death certificate for it.

After digging through the trash that had wrapping paper and boxes in it (I figured if it was in any other trash bag it was a goner either way) and searching the ENTIRE house over and over (wanting to find it BEFORE trashday), I found it this morning,

We had gone for a walk with the wagon (it has the seat backs that fold down) and the wagon had been sitting in the garage by the trash can. As I was taking trash to the road this morning, I just happened to notice something under the seat backs. I lifted it up and there was a carrier. I lifted the other back and there was a baby.

She was REALLY cold. It had gotten in the low 30s the past several nights. I did not notice before it disappeared that it had rosey cheeks and nose. Maybe it didn't until Andrew hid her outside for many nights!

No comments: