Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Scarey Tale

Saturday I went to take clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. I noticed they were still really wet, which occassionally happens and I have to put it through the spin cycle again. No big deal.

Until....I heard the washer drain and go silent. I waited.

Still silent.

I walked by the PILES of dirty clothes. They were haunting me. It was as if I could see the pile growing before me.

My heart stopped (literally I think) as I walked in. There was an eerie feeling that filled the room. I was scared. I peeked under the lid, scared of what I would find.

There it was....our clothes in the washer STILL full of water.

That is right. My washer broke. My year and a half old washer....kapoot! It won't spin. You don't have to know much about washers to know that spinning is a vital part of the operation of washing clothes.

I went to the washateria Sunday. I only know of two here. At one there was a murder last month. A woman found handcuffed and shot five times. Please excuse me if I don't want to wash my clothes there. So, I opted for the other one. Not the greatest area.

While I was there I got hit on by an old drunk man. He kept calling me "beautiful" in between sips of his Keystone Light. There were two guys playing their guitars in the parking lot. Inside there was a man telling us all how he could go buy a washer and dryer but he doesnt want to pay for the higher electric and water bills the washer would cause for his family of six. Someone should really do the math for him. The cheapest washers were $2....I don't even know how much the dryers were. I can guarantee you the laundrymat is not cheaper though.

I could not get anyone out here until today. The man came. He listened to my sad story of five kids, two pairs of clothes a day, etc. Then he told me the news I dreaded. He told me that I was not going to like his answer anymore than I liked the broken washer.

The control board went out. It will take a week to get the part in. Then I have to call and make another appt (which will surely take another few days for them to get out).

On the upside, they have to put in a new motor with the new control board. AND, I don't have to pay a dime for any of it.

The downside....at least one more trip to the laundry mat!

No comments: