Monday, October 19, 2009

Madeleine turned 6 months old today. I swear tomorrow she is going to be graduating from high school. It seems like this phase is going by so much faster with her than it did with the boys. The baby phase ALWAYS goes by too fast anyway.

She goes to the dr tomorrow for her well child checkup and shots. I will post her stats when we get home.

She is scooting all over the place when she actually gets to play on the floor. It is still hard for her to get floor time with her brothers running around.

She is finally starting to get some hair. Her hair will grow in with a weird hairline and stick straight up. That is the way we are going now anyway. After she gets out of the bathtub she looks like a baby bird. Her hair sticks up everywhere and she looks like a fuzzball. Poor baby!

She is sleeping all night...FINALLY! Oh, it is so nice! It has been SO long since I have been able to sleep through a night! I forgot what it was like.

She is eating great. She is liking lots of foods now (store bought even). She trys to take our food when we are eating. Her biting me when she is nursing has gotten worse, not better. Put that with the fact that she is won't consistently nurse because she is afraid she will miss what is going on around her and, well, we are ending the nursing.

She watches EVERYTHING that goes on around her. She wants so badly to get down and take off with her brothers. I am SO glad she is not even crawling yet! I have learned not to encourage the getting around part....although I am sure once she starts trying there will be lots of encouraging.

We are retiring the bassinet, swing and carrier/carseat. I moved her this past weekend to a big carseat. She is so much happier in it. We have not been having meltdowns anymore in the car. She plays and talks and is happy (usually) when we arrive to our destination.

There is a ramble of stuff about Mady at six months. I will post tomorrow after we get back from the dr.



No comments: