Monday, August 08, 2005

If You Can't Beat Em...Join Em

Well, we went yesterday and got haircuts for all of the boys in the house, including Bryce's first haircut. He was so excited about it until it was time to sit in the chair, then he decided that big boy haircuts were not for him. I sat on the floor and held his hands while he STOOD on the floor and got his haircut. The only time he moved was when he leaned forward and gave me a kiss. It was very sweet and luckily she was grabbing his hair with her hands and not the scissors when he did it! Thank goodness for us he has older brothers that get haircuts so he knows about the balloons and suckers you get after you get your haircut. That is the true motivation behind it, as it was for Isaac at the time of his first haircut.

We did not cut a lot. We just cut off the length in the back and a little length on the top. We were afraid to do too much because he is such a towhead! It was very hard for me to see his blond little curls cut off the back! It is a fact of life and more unwanted proof that he growing up too fast!

I decided that since I was the only one that was not into bugs I would make the boy a treat. I made them dirt cups. For those who do not know what dirt cups are - it is chocolate pudding topped with crumbled oreo cookies (to look like dirt). Then you bury a worm (gummy that is) in the pudding. You can leave a little bit of the worm sticking out of the dirt though. The boys did not know what I was making, just that I was making a treat for them. Paul kept telling them I was making them dirt and worms. They were pretty grossed out by the thought of eating worms!

When I gave it to them they were excited about having pudding with dirt. After they ate for awhile they found the worms. Caleb was excited about eating the worm, the other two were pretty grossed out until we showed them what it really was and then they enjoyed it. The pictures are of them eating the worms (I know they look nasty!). They really enjoyed those treats, and I did not mind touching that kind of bug! If only I could get the boys to only be interested in gummy bugs!

No comments: