Friday, August 05, 2005

I was out of town for a few days and then when I got home I was to exhausted to do anything! I am back now though, and maybe I can get back on track with my musings!
Bryce is still doing great with potty training. I was concerned with how he would be doing when I got back home, but he is doing surprisingly well. Paul said that this weekend while I was gone they watched "The Incredibles". Mind you that Bryce has NEVER sat down and watched an entire movie, but I guess he decided that was the day to start. Paul would ask him about every 30 minutes if he needed to potty. He would yell "NO" at Paul and give some aggravated face and go back to the movie. Paul did not want to push him so he just let him watch the movie. As soon as the movie ended Bryce disappeared. Paul went searching and found him using the potty. I was impressed that he actually held it until the movie was over. Before now he would have gone wherever he happened to be standing.
Isaac is becoming too independent. He tries to dress himself, but normally changes many times before he finds the "right" mix of clothing. I am continuously having to pick up and hang up clothes. He breaks hangers continuously from pulling the clothes out of the closet. The funniest thing is that he daily puts on winter clothes, and sandals. I try to explain that it is 100+ degrees outside but he does not understand or care.
Caleb is ready to start school. He is asking daily how many more days until school starts. He starts on the 19th. I will never understand why they would start school on a Friday. He is so excited about starting 1st grade. I am hoping it will be a little more of a challenge that kindergarten was so that maybe he will not get in quite as much trouble for trying to teach the class over the teacher. We will just deal with whatever comes our way.
Schedules will start getting hectic now. Between Caleb's school, and Isaac's therapies, we will be on the go a lot. We don't mind being on the go, it just usually interferes with Bryce's naps. Isaac does not think he needs naps anymore, but Bryce definently cannot go without one. He has a temper on a good day, he goes without a nap and the temper flares with a vengeance. Not a pretty picture!!

No comments: