Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Caleb's Innocence

One of the main reasons I wanted to do a blog is because I could not keep up with the innocent and goofy comments that Caleb says. I am going to add some of the comments that Caleb said before I started the blog, that I would like to remember and like him to read someday. Many of these comments and thoughts are emphasized by the expression on his face and the calmness when he says them, even though Daddy and I are trying to understand and not crack up.

We were eating at a Mexican restaurant one day and Caleb asked why there were so many piranas on the ceiling. We were pretty confused and had to look around to see what was going on. He was looking at the pinatas - which makes more sense in a Mexican restaurant!

Driving late at night down the interstate, we thought the kids were all asleep. Suddenly, Caleb pops up and says "Look at all of the 49ers!" We were looking for some miners or a football team. I happened to look over and see a rest stop with 18 wheelers stopped and lit up. That is what he was looking at!

When he was in kindergarten he was very adamant about boys only being able to sleep on the blue side of their mats, and girls the red.

Sitting at the kitchen table one night Caleb kept saying what we thought was "damn fire". I was not in the kitchen at the time - thank goodness - but I was in the hall dying of laughter. Paul kept saying "What" and Caleb would repeat it. Paul looked at me and then turned to Caleb and told him not to say that word. Caleb innocently replied "What, they come out at Halloween with big teeth." He was saying vampire. You need to know though that it was no where near Halloween!!!

Paul was playing with Caleb one night. He was tickling him and Caleb was giggling like a girl. He kept telling Paul to stop and Paul said "Say you are a baby girl and you where dresses." Caleb did and Paul stopped tickling him. Now any time you tickle Caleb for any length of time he screams "I am a baby girl and I where dresses - Please stop." We have never again told him to say that - he just remembers everything. Now we have to teach him not to say that so he does not get beat up!!!

Caleb changed up the classic version of this song by himself, and Paul and I got quite a kick from it. When it rains he sings "Rain Rain go away, Little Caleb wants to play. He never understands why we laugh when he sings it.

No comments: