Monday, February 15, 2010

Madeleine's Room

I spent the weekend working on Mads bedroom. She is no longer in a blue bedroom :) We did two shades of pink with a green stripe around the room. That was a PAIN! It sounded much better in my head! There was a LOT of time spent measuring and taping off this stripe and the whole time I was painting I was nervous as to how it would look when I pulled off the tape!

It turned out cute though. I hate trying to pick paint colors because they come out so different when you put them on walls then that little swatch looks. I was a little concerned about the green, but I think it came out nice.

There is a corner of her room that I put a bean bag and some pillows in. She LOVES that corner. She spends a ton of time climbing on the bean bag chair and then rolling off of it. There are SO many giggles that come out of that corner! I was really just trying to get that stuff out of the way, I never guessed she would love it so much.

We went with a ballerina theme. I still have some stuff to do. One of the big things I want to do is to put a long mirror on one wall with a dance barre on it (down low at her level). Mads loves looking at herself in the mirror and talking to herself, so I think it would be a big hit.

Here are a couple of pics of what I have done this weekend....




Not only has she been napping much better since we changed rooms, she is starting to sleep through the night! I give her a "dream bottle" (that is from the Baby Whisperer) before I go to bed and IF she wakes up in the middle of the night, she usually goes right back to sleep without anyone going to her room!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO impressed. I don't know how in the world you were able to do that . . . much less in one weekend! Can I hire you to paint rooms in my house?!!