Friday, June 20, 2008

I am Just a Regular Criminal

As I mentioned in my previous post, I got stopped Monday by the police, but unlike my hubby, I got stopped because the police were checking license plates. I barely had to come to a complete stop.

Tuesday after work, Paul asked if we wanted to go for a ride. We went and explored a little, basically just seeing sugarcane fields and swamps (remember...we ARE in LA!). I told Paul to slow down (because we already know his track record here for tickets). Isaac told Paul I had gotten pulled over that morning. He said the police gave me a ticket. I kept telling him I had NOT been stopped that day at all, and when I had been pulled over Monday it was just to check my plates. He kept adamently argueing that I had gotten a ticket.

Well, Bryce had to chime in. By the time the three boys were done I had gotten a ticket for speeding, I was driving through corn fields (which were actually sugar cane fields - and when we told Bryce that he started calling them sugarcane corn fields), playing in the swamps, and I don't remember what else was on my laundry list of crimes.

I don't know if you have ever seen or paid attention to a sugarcane field, but they are planted on humps. There is just row and row of humps with sugarcane on them. If you have seen my car and know how low it sits, you would know that I would have bottomed out on the first hump and would have to call someone to help me get off of it.

Paul looked at me with a grin. I told him I was trying to see if my car would do any of the things his Jeep would do!

Oh, the imaginations of my house full of boys!

No comments: