Friday, June 20, 2008

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, BRYCE

That is right, Bryce turned FIVE today! I can't believe it. He is very excited because I told him he started school a couple of months after he turned five! He is ready!

He got $5 in the mail from Nana yesterday. He asked me to see how much money was in his piggy bank. I took him to Target the other day to find what he wanted for his birthday. He had picked out an army truck transformer that was $20 (among many other toys that he wanted). When we were in AR and he was going with me to the coffee shop, the owners were paying him 50 cents to clean windows (something he always asked to do and they let him and gave him a little treat for it). Between that and Daddy frequently splitting his change between the four boys, Bryce had racked up $20 - just in his piggy bank. I took the oppurtunity to show the other two how well Bryce had done (I can't get them to save money - if they get change they immediately take it and lose it or spend it on those gumball machines).

So, this morning I went by the bank and we exchanged the change for a $20 bill. Then we went to Target. Bryce had his $25 (and was VERY proud) and kept saying he was going to get the army truck transformer. We got to toys, he went straight to the transformer, put it in the buggy and asked how much money he had left. Then he bought some bugs with his leftover $5.

The whole time, Caleb and Isaac are moaning that they don't get anything. I told them we don't buy presents for their brothers when it is THEIR birthday and that most of the money Bryce was spending was the money he had been saving!

He asked us to get him a game for his Gameboy for his birthday present. The boys decided that they did not want to watch Bryce get stuff, so they requested that they get to stay in the car while we ran in Gamestop.

They have been asking ever since to play with his new gifts. Bryce is actually sharing (which the big brothers DON'T do with their new toys).

Happy birthday Bry-Bry. You are growing up too fast! I am so glad you are so excited about school and I hope you stay that way (although, I think after the first few visits to the principal for your talking and not sitting still - the fun of school might wear off!!). I hope you enjoy your presents and the cake and rootbeer floats you picked out!

Oh, it is our tradition that the birthday boy gets to pick the dinner of their choice. So, tonight after we look at houses, we will be going out for PIZZA!!

No comments: