Monday, December 27, 2010

20 Minutes


We set up Madeleine's twin bed last week. She had gotten to where she was sleeping on the floor, at her door, everytime she went to sleep. I was hoping the bigger bed would either be more comfortable and keep her in it or make her not want to get out of it because it was bigger.....whatever reason, bottom line I wanted her to stay IN her bed!

She does seem to be sleeping better at night. Other than last night when she woke up on fire and throwing up, she has slept through the night since we put her new bed in her room. We were still having to pick her up off the floor after she went to sleep and put her in her bed though!

I started something I knew I shouldn't! The past couple of days I have laid down with her until she fell asleep for nap and bedtime. I KNOW this is a bad thing to start, especially now! But, it is more of a selfish thing than anything.

For twenty minutes twice a day I get to lie down and cuddle with the little girl that never stops going. For twenty minutes twice a day I get to stare at her while she drifts off to dreamworld. For twenty minutes I get to bask in her beauty. I try to soak in as much of her as I can in that twenty minutes because in no time at all, those twenty years are gone.

Oops...I mean those twenty minutes are gone!

No comments: