Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Many Presents All Wrapped In One

Sunday night we decided to let Andrew open a Christmas gift early. Everyone was wanting to watch a movie and every time watching a movie is mentioned Andrew runs around saying he wants to watch Toy Story 3. I made it a point the day the movie was released on DVD to go to the store and get it and I have had it hidden since.

We knew he would be excited when he opened it, but I was NOT expecting the reaction we got. He opened enough to see the title on the side of the movie (yes, he can read those two words....he has seen them PLENTY). He froze and his mouth dropped. He sat speechless for what seemed like forever. Then he ripped the rest of the paper off and just stared at it, jaw on the floor. When he "came to" again, he started hugging the movie. Then he ran to the DVD player (like he knew how to operate it). After pushing a few buttons and not getting the movie started (which was still wrapped in plastic and hugged tightly against his chest) he turns to us and says "I am taking my movie to bed with me" and disappeared to his room.

After a few minutes of us all in the living room laughing at him, I called him out. He came out, still hugging his movie. I asked if he wanted to watch the movie or if he just wanted to take it to bed. You would have thought he had unwrapped another present the way he was jumping around.

He continued jumping around until the movie started. Daddy decided to watch the previews (which we always skip), just to prolong the excitement. After the second preview he turns to us and says "What is all this?" I told him it was previews and he asked where his movie was. Dad started it and it was SILENT (except for a laughing) throughout the movie.

For the next 103 minutes we did not have to get on to anyone, chase anyone or get anyone out of anything. For 103 minutes our house was calm and fairly quiet! That was a pretty awesome gift for Dad and I too! Makes me want to have Toy Story on ALL. THE. TIME!

It was the reaction every parent wants from their child when they get to open a present. I must admit, I did NOT really expect the reaction by a MOVIE being opened though. When we got in bed after watching the movie, Daddy commented that we should have just gotten him the movie and been done. As excited as he was, he still would have been the happiest kid in town!

I did not have the camera out for his reaction, unfortunately. But, I cannot WAIT to see his reaction when he opens his giant Buzz robot! I will definitely have the video camera and camera out Christmas morning!

No comments: