Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Worse Holiday Weekend

Well, what a weekend we have had! It started with Isaac waking up at about 3:30 in the morning on Thursday. I woke up to him crying and went into his room to check on him. I was greeted with a horrible smell. I looked up on his bed (on the top bunk) and his blue sheet was a lovely shade of Taco Bell tacos, mixed with Fruit Punch! I put him in the shower and changed his bedding and got him back to bed, expecting to wake up shortly to Bryce with the same problem. I thought it was the Taco Bell, and they had eaten the exact same thing for dinner.

Well, about an hour later, I was awakened to Isaac crying again. Again, I went into his room and was greeted by the same horrible sour odor. I knew before looking that he had gotten sick again. After the third time of being awakened to the cry and the odor, I made a pallet for Isaac right in front of the bathroom door! Of course, he was fine after that.

He stayed home from school Thursday, but was fine all day. Friday morning, we get up and get ready for school. Right before we left to take Isaac, he threw up AGAIN! So he stayed home again.

At lunch time, Bryce threw up all over me. Of course I am wearing white pants and a light blue silk shirt AND Bryce had blueberry nutri-grain bars for breakfast, so he threw up blueberries down my back. After dealing with Isaac I knew he did not need to eat or drink. By Friday afternoon, he was acting fine, and we were still thinking Taco Bell. We went ahead and went down to Texas for the weekend.

We got into Texas and Bryce threw up again, in the car. Luckily, I got a bag in place just in time! Friday night, he got he was fine, but Caleb got it. We were at Aunt Lindsays house and he got sick all over the elevator! He was up literally every 30 minutes throughout the night!

Saturday I got it. Sunday, Paul. It was a very long weekend, and we hope that we did not get everyone in Texas sick! When we were home this weekend, I was doing laundry. Not just any laundry, bedding and clothes and towels that reeked. I should have taken it all to the laundry mat instead of trying to do it all here. I spent three days doing laundry almost all day, and I am still not done! I washed all the bedding twice with lots of soap and fabric softner to make sure the SMELL was out!

This is one long weekend I am glad is over!!

No comments: