Sunday, August 15, 2010

Punch to the Stomach (Or Heart)

Junior high is hitting me a lot like kindergarten did when Caleb started school. I did pretty good when I dropped him off Thursday morning for the first day. There was craziness stirring all around, so it kind of kept my mind off what was happening. However, as I sat in line to pick him up and I saw him in the crowd of kids, all wearing their nicely pressed, first-day-of-school uniforms and their student id badges, he looked SO grown up.

To make matters worse, on the second day of school as I am in line to drop him off he asks if Harvard will look at his tardy record when he is trying to get in to their school. I said probably not and he responds with "I really should look in to what their requirements are, I only have a few more years before I will be applying you know."

Yeah, it felt like someone punched me in the stomach!!

Then to help a heartaching Momma feel even better, Friday night we are watching tv and Caleb has an epiphany. "Oh! I am in middle school! That is when you start dating!! I need to start watching for a girl for me and all those dances!"

Double punch to the stomach!

1 comment:

L&D said...

Oh mama. It goes sooooo fast, doesn't it?! See that bottle of wine over there........bottom's up! Cheers.