Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Last Day on the Beach

Thursday I got kinda bummed when I woke up and realized that we were having a tropical depression. Last year when we were at the beach we never got any family pictures, so this year it was a MUST!! But, we were leaving Friday morning, so I was pretty sure we were going to have another year with no family pictures on the beach!

Well, Friday we got up and it was sunny!! So, we packed up the car and the trailer and went to the beach for some family pictures. Boy were we surprised when we pulled in and realized there was NO beach left. It had flooded so bad that the beach was completely under water. This put a damper on my picture taking spirit!! AND, you can imagine what is going through my mind. It is bad enough trying to take pictures of five kids on dry land. Can you imagine have five kids dressed for pictures and then trying to take them while standing in and surrounded by water. The nightmare I envisioned more or less happened exactly as I figured. We were constantly telling boys to get out of the waves, kids were falling down in water, boys playing with wet sand, etc. You will see in some of these pictures that Andrew is in his speedo (or really, his underwear). His denim shorts were too heavy to stay up and the white shirt was pretty pointless!! So much for noone getting wet (all of the clothes were packed and not easy to get too). I gave up and let them all play in the water for a while before we headed out.

No comments: