Thursday, July 22, 2010

15 Month Check-up

I wrote this post after her drs appt last week. I don't know why I didn't publish it then.

My gorgeous baby girl is quickly becoming not so much a baby! The 19th she turned 15 months old. Here they do a 15 month old checkup (the other kids had a 12 month and then 18 month, so this is new for me). She weighed in at 22.07 pounds (pretty average)and was 31 1/4 inches long (79th percentile....explains why she can be hard to shop for).

The nurse tried to let her stand on the scale for the first time (instead of using the baby scale). She would not let go of me or stand on it. So we put her on the baby scale, which she wasn't much better with! She screamed (squealing, top of her lungs, deafen the whole office scream) everytime the nurse tried to get her height, head circumfrence and all through the dr exam! Then started again when I set her on the table for her shot (only one - MMR). She screamed so loud and hard that I don't think she ever realized she got a shot. As soon as the nurse took her hand off of Mady she stopped crying!

She is growing great (too fast though). She is quite the drama queen and decided to show that while we were there. Really, she is at that stage where she does not do well with people she is not used too. She is a lot worse than the boys were, so she may actually be somewhat shy (none of the boys are).

She is walking, running, climbing, etc. all over the place. She likes to grab things she knows she is not supposed to have and RUN as fast as she can. She just hasn't figured out not to corner herself yet, so she is usually pretty easy to get!

The dr was asking if she was walking and running well. I told him she was and that she walked about a mile almost every evening. He says "is Mom getting more exercise by carrying you or are you in a plush comfortable stroller?" He was shocked when I said she actually walked and usually walks it all without me picking her up.

Her favorite thing to take is still shoes. ANYONES shoes. She does, however, love to wear my shoes around the house. The other day I started to take them from her (they were REALLY loud on the hardwood and tile floors) and then I realized how long I WANTED to hear the clanking of my baby girl wearing my shoes around the house. So, instead I let her continue to clank clumsily through the house in them. She has the biggest smile on her face when she is wearing them.

She still has the perfect mix of girly girl and tomboy. She still picks out her tutus and dresses to wear and then goes outside and plays with bugs and dirt and mud! I love it!

Her vocabulary is growing daily. She is always picking up new words, but last week when I told her "no" for something and she looked at me and said "Momma NO!" it really caught me off guard! It was one of those things where you are speechless when you hear it (and then you have to turn around and laugh).

She is already becoming very independent and busy but is so much fun! I still thank God everyday for surprising us with a little girl! She was the perfect completion to the beautiful family we created!

No comments: