Tuesday, July 20, 2010

22 Days

22 hours, 36 minutes and 6 seconds until the kids start school. But who is counting?

Okay, I am! I love my kids to death, but if I hear "I am bored!" "Can I...?" or "I want..." one more time......

All of the kids are actually looking forward to school this year. Caleb is normally the one that doesn't want to go, but he is so excited about being in Junior High (JUNIOR HIGH??? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?) that he is ready for all of it. He is going to be in band and wants to be on the swim team, so he is really excited about those. We will see how long that last though!

Isaac amazes me because no matter how hard school is he is ALWAYS ready to start back!

Bryce feeds off Caleb's attitude, so since Caleb is ready - Bryce is ready!

I only had to buy school supplies for Caleb. The other two I just pay a "supply fee" of $50 each and the school gets the supplies. I SO prefer that way because of how ridiculously precise they are with the supply list. For example, on Caleb's list they want EVERY SIXTH grader to get 4 red single subject, non-perforated notebooks. Then there is the fact that it has to be ELMERS glue, CRAYOLA crayons, FISKAR scissors, etc. Now, I can imagine when EVERY sixth grader is looking for a certain color of a notebook, things are gonna run out FAST! It was hard even finding non-perforated notebooks! Needless to say, we have already gotten his supplies.

He cannot carry a backpack either. They have a set of books for home and books at school, so they only have to carry their notebook back and forth (and lunch and trumpet). But, I only had to buy two backpacks this year.

Here is a question though....if I am buying his supplies and some community supplies (tissues, sanitizer, etc) WHY do I still have to pay a $35 "school fee"?

I thought kids were supposed to get a FREE education!!

I got uniforms last week too. Caleb can no longer where shorts to school. He has to where khaki pants and a monogrammed blue polo shirt! So, every uniform shirt cost an extra $8 on top of the price of the shirt!

Can you tell this all IRKS me!

But, back to the positive - 22 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds until school starts and we (the little two and I) get back on a calm, quieter schedule - that include DAILY naps for ALL!!

No comments: