Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jake's Last Vet Visit

We got back a while ago from taking Jake to the vet. The younger kids did not really understand what was going on. I explained it to all of them, and Isaac and Bryce kept asking when we were bringing him home, etc. I felt it was disrespectful to take all of the kids back with Jake when they were bouncing around and playing, so I did not go back with him. Caleb, however, did not want Jake by himself, so he went back with the vet. The vet came back out and said it was all done and Caleb was spending a few minutes with him.

When I put Jake in the car this morning, Bella kept trying to get in with him. She is usually very obedient, but I could not get her to go to the dog area outside. I could not even drag her away from the car. I had to pick her up and carry her. When we got home she was out and muddy. She dug out under the gate while we were gone. When I parked she went and sat at the back of the car and she is still there.

After I give her a bath she will be coming in. Although she has always been an outside dog, when she has been in the house for bad weather or whatever she has always done great and never has accidents. I don't think she will do well out there alone and Caleb could use the therapy of having her around.

No comments: