Saturday, September 03, 2011

Potty Trauma

The first few days of potty training we had all the potties prepared for Mady. We also had a small potty in the living room, just in case. Sometimes she liked to just sit on the potty and watch cartoons.

The first time she pooped in the potty she was doing just that and it caught her off guard. She got up concerned that she had pooped in the potty. I went and checked and sure enough she had. Now, I was expecting that to take a while, I definitely was not expecting it that soon.

Momma SQUEALED with delight (because if it is in the potty Momma does not have to clean it off of her). I was hooting and hollering and cheering,

Mady SCREAMED! I guess she thought she was in trouble or just was not sure what to make of it.

I traumatized her. The next few days she would NOT poop in the potty. She would disappear to her room and then come tell me she had pooped. We would discuss where we are supposed to go as I cleaned her up (and may have possibly promised some bribes, but that is neither here nor there).

The next time she DID poop in the potty, Mommy was very careful in how she cheered and told her what an awesome job she had done and what a BIG girl she was. Let's be honest - the rewards helped too!

Thankfully, it did not take her long to get over the trauma her Momma caused her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mady great news you are wearing knickers now, sooooooooooooo much easier to get my hand in than diapers to finger you and much easier to pull down to eat your p-ssy and I LOVE eating your little p-ssy