Thursday, July 07, 2011

Bad Dr Etiquette

Last Friday I went in for a medical procedure in which I was to be sedated for. I went back to get the IV put in and wait for my turn. As I am being wheeled back to the procedure room, my dr and another dr are in the hall talking - rather loudly.

The excitable dr to my dr ".....and then when someone dies we put a plaque in the room right here." he says as he walks into the room I am about to be wheeled in to.

I am NOT sedated yet! "Ummm....well let's hope we will NOT need that plaque today!" I say as I go in the room.

My dr quickly says the other dr was talking about when a DR dies, not a patient.

I told him that the word death, dead, die, or any other form of the word did not need to be coming off his lips before he comes in to my room - seems like bad luck!

As I am being sedated I hear someone in the hall saying "The patients do not want to hear the drs talking about death back here."

GO FIGURE!

My dr did apologize for the other dr and said that is not something that should be talked about when they are surrounded by people having whatever procedures done.

No comments: