Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rapunzel




I am enjoying watching the relationship blossom between Andrew and Mady. It is so neat to see them becoming such good friends and playmates.

Mady loves ALL of her brothers. When they leave in the morning she stands at the door with Andrew and they scream "huggy huggy, kissy kissy, have a great day, I love you" to each of them as they get on the bus. When she hears the bus in the afternoon she runs to the door squealing.

Mady and Andrew are together ALL the time though, so it is natural that they would either hate each other or love each other. I am happy to report that it is LOVE! I know this could all change, so I am going to enjoy it while I can. Andrew is a very loving child to begin with. He is constantly giving hugs and kisses to ANYONE! He doesn't care if he knows you or not. He is not biased, he believes EVERYONE should be loved! I LOVE that about him (Isaac is like that too)!

When they watch movies together, they sit side by side. He often annoys her with his constant need to hug her and hold her hand and have his arm around her. She squeals and screams until I make him move. A few minutes later though, she is moving to where he is.

He will bring out his pillow and blanket and they will lie on the floor together to watch a movie. If he is playing his handheld game and she wants it, he will gladly give it to her. Sometimes he will come and whine that Mady took his game. I will make her give it back, but as soon as her lip comes out he gives her a hug and tells her she can play with it! She is the ONLY person other than him that can play with his Toy Story toys!

It makes him very mad if someone calls her a "bad girl". One of the older boys was in the kitchen doing homework the other day and Mady tried to take his homework from him. He said "No, Mady! Bad girl! Give me my homework." Andrew was in the living room. As soon as he heard "bad girl" he came RUNNING to the kitchen yelling "She is NOT a bad girl! She is MY girl!" Then he gave her a hug and took her hand and led her back to the living room, while telling her she was a good girl AND a "very pretty girl."

I was getting on to her in the car because she likes to pull her earrings out of her ears when she is in her carseat. I did not even say she was a bad girl. I said "it is bad to pull your earrings out, it will hurt your ears" trying to explain to a one year old (I know....WHY?) why we should not pull on our earrings. Andrew, in a very exasperated voice says "SHE. IS. NOT. A. BAD. GIRL!! Don't call MY girl bad." Between laughs I tried to explain to the three year old (again...WHY am I trying to explain things to them?) that I was not saying SHE was bad!

Earlier today Andrew and Mady were playing together in Andrew's room. Andrew came out and stayed out, but I never saw Mady and she was being quiet. I asked Andrew where she was. "I don't know where she is." So, I went to investigate.

The kids door knobs are turned backwards because a certain little boy kept locking the doors with noone in the room to unlock them. When I got to his door and noticed it was locked I KNEW he had locked her in. I opened the door. She was lying in his bed (happily).

He had followed me to his room, so I turned and asked why he locked her in his room.

"Because, I was going to come back and play with her later!"

I told him she was not Rapunzel and we can not lock her up and hide her away (especially since her hair is so short still). Then, since he didn't know who Rapunzel was (guess he needs to go to the movies), I asked how the toys in Toy Story 3 felt when they got locked up by the mean toys. He said it made them very sad and they missed Andy. I told him that she was not a toy and he was not Buzz, so he could not lock her up. He said he WAS Buzz (my mistake) but, he seemed to understood that and said he still wanted to play with her later.

No comments: