Thursday, August 07, 2008

Ants Everywhere!

Andrew was playing in the back this evening. He was sitting playing with a toy and when he got up and started walking to me he was picking at his arm. I went to look and he had a couple of ants on him. I picked them all off and next time I saw him his arm looked like this:


It was just the one arm, but I guess he was sitting next to an ant pile. They are horrible here - inside and out. Our catfood is kept in a plastic container. They some how managed to get inside the container. Paul went to feed the cat and more ants than food came out. We have sugar ants in the kitchen and ants upstairs. I had to take all of AJ's clothes out of the closet (his clothes were on a bottom rod) because they had ants all in them. They have put out ant poison and sprayed outside, but I honestly think it may be making them worse INSIDE.

You could tell it was bothering AJ - he was picking at his arm a lot. He would try and pick off each swollen bite. But he never cried or squealed. Just calmly walked to me while trying to wipe and pick off ants. This is one time I wish he HAD screamed!!!

No comments: