Thursday, January 05, 2012

Her First Date

Mady got up this morning at 5:30 and was in a horrible mood. She would not give, or let Daddy give her, a kiss, hug, say goodbye or even look at him.

This morning after a bubble bath she kept saying she needed to talk to Daddy, but would not tell me why. I finally gave up and called him and gave the phone to Mady.

"Daddy, you come home now and play dollhouse?"

Fast forward to about time to start dinner and she comes in and asked if she could have a "Daddy and Mady" dinner at Wal Mart. She has never asked for or had a "Daddy and Mady" dinner. I told her she could help me cook.



Helping me cook turned in to her and Daddy eating alone in the dining room. She requested that we get out the "special" dishes. She insisted on a pink teapot for their tea to be poured from. She told me she wanted brownies and ice cream for their dessert (good thing we had that!).


Then she needed to wear a dress. Oh, and don't forget to do my hair. And earrings. And a necklace and bracelet. "Mommy I need my makeup too!"

Mady does not fool around when it comes to food. You don't put her plate on the table unless you are ready for her to start shoveling food in her mouth. Daddy didn't know he had a date tonight. He was late - a good bit late! Mady watched her brothers eat, but she would not eat until Daddy got home.

When he got home, she went shy! She gave him a silly grin and hid behind me. Once they sat down and started eating she was better. I have had Pan dora on all afternoon. At one point while they were eating she leaned over to Daddy and said "Do you like this song?"



She would not allow Daddy to pour the drinks or get more food. "Mommy do it" was what she would say (yeah, thanks Mads!). When he did leave for a second, she went in the kitchen and got him and told him to go back and sit down.

After dinner and dessert she had to change clothes. She needed pajamas and Daddy needed to change out of work clothes and then go play dollhouse with his date!



This will be the only kind of date she will have for a VERY long time (ever if Daddy has his way). My heart melted into puddles as I sat in the kitchen listening to them in the dining room. I could sit here and listen to the giggles coming from that room ALL. NIGHT. LONG! I am truly VERY blessed!

notice how she grabs his ears to pull him in for a kiss (hehehe)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just remember Mady that little p-ssy is mine