Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's Up with Mads

For about the last month or so Mads has been trying to copy things she hears us saying. She trys to say her brothers names and although she says the same things everytime, they are nowhere near their names. One thing she HAS gotten is "thank you". She says it a lot and it just amazes people when they hear it! It is SO STINKIN CUTE!

She has become a Mama's girl lately. When she hears the dog bark in the evening she yells "Daddy" and goes to the kitchen. But when he walks in and smiles at her, she runs to me and hides behind my leg, smiling back. As soon as he goes and gets a snack though, she is his best friend (because best friends SHARE). I think she is going through a stage. When I am not in sight she is fine without me.

I cannot stand in the kitchen, fixing dinner or cleaning or anything, without her walking in wanting food. If I ignore her request, she screams and pulls at my legs! It makes cooking dinner interesting! This girl wants to eat ALL. THE. TIME! None of my boys were this bad! She is still tasting (and eating) anything she can get in her mouth too! Our little goat!

She is walking everywhere now - and getting into everything. She discovered that the world is much different when you get off your knees and use your feet. She had already learned what was in all of the low drawers, now she is learning the mid-drawers and has learned to open cabinet doors. If I leave her for just a second (to change out laundry, potty or whatever), she will have my kitchen floor covered in things that were once in drawers and cabinets. And, boy is she always proud of herself!!

Every night, her and I walk to the end of our road and back. It is a pretty long walk for her, but she usually does at least half of it. About every three steps she stops and does this:


makes for a long walk, and some funny faces, and even a few honks... I am not sure if she is smelling her feet, the sidewalk or just wanting an upside down view of the world!










Friday we went to an ENT (ear nose and throat) dr. Daddy finally agreed the weekend before that she should get her ears done, but only if she went to a dr to do it. So, we did. He seemed to be a great dr, and I was kind of glad we went since we have ENT issues with other kids! Now we know where to take them if we need to. She was mad before the dr came in because she wanted down, and we would not let her. She screamed when I held her face against my chest and the nurse held her hands, but that was it. As soon as we let go of her, she was happy. No, really. I mean happy. She looked at the dr, smiled and waved bye to him. We went to eat right after, here is her first pierced ear shot:



















She LOVES the water. When we are walking she always tries to walk through any sprinklers that are on. Daddy filled the little swimming pool and she enjoyed getting in and out of it. She kept trying to drink from the hose when Daddy would spray it. I don't know where she learned that - I haven't seen the boys do it.



















I went out Friday for a girls night out (which I haven't done in over 2 years). I got some new shoes before we went, but I wasn't sure I was going to get to wear them. Mady is a shoe hog!! If she sees shoes, she takes them. It doesn't who's shoes they are. She wants them ALL!!! When I was getting dressed Friday she was trying to put my shoes on her feet. I sure hope she has the same size foot I do, otherwise the two of us may break Daddy when she gets older!


2 comments:

L&D said...

Oh and those ARE some fabulous heels! *drool*

You already know how I adore the earrings. Well done, mama.

And I am so incredibly laughing picturing your walks where she abruptly puts her head between her knees. If only you could get inside her brain for one minute......

babyp-ssyluver said...

2nd pic, love to see her bent over like that but naked