Saturday, October 16, 2010

Training Him For His Future Wife (In Ways Most Would Not Think Of)

After a conversation this morning at the store with Caleb (and the rest of the family), I have decided Caleb needs to be trained for something that most parents do not train their sons for.

While we were at the store I went to pick up some feminine products. When we stopped so I could find what I needed Caleb says "OH, so you are menstrating?"

"No, not at the moment."

"Then why are you buying stuff for when you menstrate?"

"So that I have it when I need it."

I figure since he is so interested and doesn't mind discussing it in the middle of the store he should have no problem carrying them for me next time I need to buy them. I will just "forget" to get a buggy when we go in the store and have my hands full (which I usually do anyway).

This will either teach him not to talk about menstrating or it will make him used to buying the feminine products. Either way - I am sure his future wife would appreciate which ever one of these lessons he takes away from it!

No comments: